Thursday, November 1, 2012

How We Trick or Treated

Want a little Halloween recap? Cuteness abounds...

First off, I thought I'd share what we, meaning me because I was the one shopping, did for candy. As much as I love the Divine chocolate, I couldn't pass that out singularly. I did a little shopping at the local co-op store and found Endangered Species chocolates on a reasonable sale. I bought a couple bags and supplemented with a few other non-chocolate candies. Part of the problem with chocolate is that it is usually made in plant that also processes peanuts or soy so if you have a peanut allergy, you have to be super careful about your chocolates too. 

Let's get a little crazy here. (Why not? I'm on a total sugar buzz from tonight's splurge.)
Airheads: Owned by Perfetti Van Melle, which makes and distributes the Airhead candy in Kentucky. Yay for made in the USA!
Lifesavers Gummies, Skittles, Starburst: Owned by Wrigley who's parent company is Mars. Read what the Mars company is doing for the Cocoa Industry. YAY for a company doubling its money and efforts towards this end in a year! I might write them a letter encouraging them.



Alright, done with the craziness. (I'm sure you don't want to hear another blasted thing about chocolate.) Let's get to the cuteness abounds part...


Two dirtbike riders. No effort and no money was expounded on behalf of this costume. Literally. I told the boys to go get dressed and they grabbed their stuff and did. The end.

Cutest trick or treater: a little monkey that couldn't have been no older than 2. Ohmyword! 

Best joke of the night: How do you make a kleenex dance? You put a little boogie in it! HAHAHA!!!


As we wound down our night, we suddenly were attacked by insects!! 3 adorable little bugs!!


Ariana as a butterfly. Chiara as a ladybug. And Valor as the cutest, widdle bee ever! It's the stinger that gets me every time!


Busy bee


Worker bee


Attack of the bumblebee


Just trying on a future costume- let's call it Flight of the Bumblebee


Sooo... maybe the sugar hasn't worn off yet...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!