Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Paper Planner

Hi there! Happy New Year! 

Right? 

Okay, so it's the 9th. It looks like I did write something last week. But I didn't wish you a Happy New Year.

My brain is in a fog. It has been something crazy cold here so the kids have had school cancelled one day and a late start another day and a regular scheduled early out day. I can handle my kids being home, its the routine thing that has swung me for a loop. There has been no routine. I think things should settle back down now. Unless we get more snow.

Now the main point of today's post is hopefully going to evolve into a series of what I use to keep me on top of things. I'd call it an organization series but that sounds so formal. I'm gonna share with you what I use and you can pull from it and use what you like. How does that sound?

I'm going to start with my paper organizer. I really like Emily's, from Jones Design Company, Paperworks. She has had a monthly paper subscription and has re-vamped it for 2014. It's a sharp product and I get excited to see the new design for each month. 

I think that is a major key to finding something you like and sticking with it. You've had plenty of experience with organization tools. If you're unmotivated to use it because it looks worn and tattered by month four, you might be less likely to use it. If you get through two months and find that it is a whole lot of extra, then you're not going to use it. Or if you can't stand looking at the same thing for twelve months, you are going to ignore it all together. I could talk myself out of that last one, telling myself to suck it up, but why? Emily's designs energize the start of each month which is a great motivator especially when the months can whir by so fast.

Paperworks is offered in two formats, each a monthly subscription. There is the digital  which is print your own and the print + digital, which a set is printed and mailed to you plus digital for your own printing. For just a couple more days, the Paperworks digital will be on sale so head over and take a look.

In the next posts, I'll share what I use to help me clean and to manage meals. I hope you are encouraged in them. I think we can all use more encouragement to keep doing what we're doing and new tricks to make it less complicated. I'll also try to include some actual pictures instead of all links.

I should also let you know that this is what I use. I'm not getting paid and wasn't asked to share my opinion with you by Emily. This is my own deal. Let me know what works for you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!