Friday, March 29, 2019

No Earbuds Week 3

Day 15: You've probably noticed by now I don't run every day. I had intentions of running today except for my body really wasn't having any of it and I decided to rest. 

Day 16: It's the end of March and we desperately want Spring. I want the sun to be a warm sun and feel betrayed when I step outside to have the wind chill me and the shadows still piled with snow. Bill asked if I had time for a run and there was no way I was going to turn that offer down. We haven't gone for a run together in a long time. It was great to be with him.

Hello, sunshine!

Day 17: Rest day/grocery day/Audrey came home for supper

Day 18: The trails around here are starting to dry out but not quite enough so Melinda and I hit the gravel once again. We took a new route around here and had quite a bit of fun for Iowa gravel roads. She's reading a long biography about The Beatles and I just finished a book about the 1936 Olympic gold medal men's rowing team titled The Boys in the Boat. This book unexpectedly resonated with me and will stay with me for quite some time. 

With delirium setting in after 15 miles, we called him the lucky caterpillar

If you haven't seen hay bale creations, have you even run Iowa gravel roads? 

Day 19: It was race day for the boys, so I recovered by walking trail and standing for nearly all day watching them race.

Day 20: An easy three miles with Anne turned into an easy 4 because we had parenting things to work out. We solved approximately none of our problems.



Day 21: My plan was to go for a run but my body is begging for me to take care of it.
Body- You should take care of me today. Instead of going for a run, how about you do a bit of yoga, hit the foam roller, maybe a bath and definitely work on a callous or two.
Me- Nah, I'm good. I haven't really been training for anything so I'm fine.
Body- No, you're not fine. That weird thing on the bottom of your right foot hurts even when you stand on it. Both of your hip flexors cramp up when you sit sometimes and your lower back is tight.
Me- Listen, I just switched to a 50k plan and I want to knock out the first day.
Body-You're not going to knock it out if you're injured.
Me- I'm fine. 
Body- TAKE CARE OF ME!
Me- Fine! You don't have to yell. Sheesh. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!