Wednesday, April 3, 2019

No Earbuds Week 4

Day 22: Today I learned about frost boils. It's a thing I guess where the frost heaves up the ground, turning it very soft and underneath a hole is left and vehicles and people can sink. Or at least this is how Anne described it. Initially we had seen a hole in the gravel road where a culvert had washed out and then it lead to the discussion and examination of frost boils. Tell me this is what you talk about with your friends.

Hole in the Road- band name- called it

Day 23: Today was Kaci's first run in a long time. I took her out for about a mile and a quarter, dropped her off at home and finished my run. Later, as I was doing a bit of yoga, she was conked out next to me. However, she's really good a downward dog.

Day 24: Yoga and foam rolling 

Day 25: I had on schedule a long run but time only permitted me a shorter run. The wind was howling and the temperature didn't feel spring-like at all. The Barkley Marathons is this weekend and I spent a lot of time obsessively checking Twitter for updates and a lot of time wrapping my mind around the athletes mind sets. 

Day 26: I decided this would be the year I attempt a challenge I came up with and have spent a long while tweaking it. I have a small forest preserve near me and I've run hours and hours in it since it is my nearest trail. I decided to run a loop of my design for every month. In January I ran one loop. February is the second month so I ran two loops. Today being the very last day of March, I had to run three loops. Amber joined me and having her along helped pass those not quite 6 miles total much more quickly.

Flower in the Forest- art piece- called it

Day 27: I was up very early to join Anne and Kristy for a run. If you heard three women chattering away at 5:15, we're only a little bit sorry we woke you.

Day 28: I'm officially on training for a fall race that I hope I get into. I will tell you more about if it happens. Bill took a long lunch today so he could ride for a short bit so I threw on my running gear and ran from Cambridge to back home. It was a decent run for me although this short, flat section is always mentally tough for me. I'm not quite sure why. I can remember almost all of the times I've run it and what I was thinking and feeling. On this section was the first time I had ever heard of the Barkley Marathons and I remember being fascinated. It is only by coincidence that I would be running this stretch so close to this past weekend's race.
Training for the Unknown- book title- called it



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!