Friday, November 5, 2010

Remaining

After writing Emphasis, which is very closely related to Squirming, I got some great encouragement from my friend, Janel. She dropped by a little "for me" gift, which contained a book I would never pick up on my own, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young. I took time that weekend to spend some time in the Word, reading that day's entry, following along in my Bible study, remembering the weekend's message from church and then praying. 
This is how it all coincided for me.


Jesus means "the Lord saves" (Matt 1:21)
Emmanuel means "God with us" (Matt 1:23)


"See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. Remain in the Son and in the Father. The anointing you received from him remains in you. Remain in him." (from 1 John 2: 24-27)


This was my prayer. I want to share it with you because I want you to be encouraged, not by me, but by Him.


I have set the Lord always before me- I will remain
Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken- I will remain
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure- I will remain
Because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay- I will remain
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence- I will remain
With eternal pleasures at your right hand- I will remain
(Psalm 16: 8-11)

You see, though I feel alone, I am not. Though I feel like sometimes I am walking "through the valley of the shadow of death", I am not alone. "For you are with me; your rod and your staff comfort me." I am not alone. I just have to remain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!