Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I’m Busy, How ‘bout You?

Well, friends, I’ve been a tad bit busy and I know I’m not the only one. It’s spring and that means a whole new flurry of sports, concerts, school projects, field trips, graduations, outdoors activities and more. I was not kidding the other day when I said my Google calendar looks like someone used it as paintball target practice. Every day I get a new paper from school or email about this thing or that. I’ll be honest, there is about one time every day when I feel like collapsing into a pile of tears over the sheer amount of things going on.

There’s  nothing left to cut out. I’ve trimmed the edges pretty close lately.

And then there’s a phone call from a friend needing a listening ear. Or a friend and her whole family are sick with the flu and could I possibly take the girl staying with them to get college questions answered or try to pass a driver’s test. Or a girl has life/boy issues that need talking over. Or a boy needs a snuggle just because.

These stop the to-do list. These are the best energies and affections. If I trim these out, I trim out life.

Right now, by the time my feet hit the floor in the morning, my mind has already been racing through the day’s activities. To be sure, I am one bleary-eyed girl as I find my Bible app or open my Bible to read the Psalm for the day but that’s what I’ve got to do. I am praying (no really, I am) that you are too.

This is a non-trimmable. (Yes, I will make up words.) You are too busy not to first be watered with the living Word.

Today is the 9th, so if anything, grab your Bible and read Psalm 9.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I have only myself....and I am sure keeping myself busy!

    {If you need any other college tips/advice....it is my job.} :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!