Friday, June 22, 2012

Letting Her Light Shine


LohI7tNu.jpg

Since last Sunday, Audrey has been in Rosebud, SD with over 50 other kids from youth group. Each year our kids go out to love on the little ones with a kids club and to connect with the older ones with other activities.


I haven't heard much from her other than "Hi, Mom. I'm alive." I actually didn't expect to hear from her too much, so I'm totally okay with it.


I am actually bursting at the seams wanting to know how God had shown Himself to her this week. This is a week trip that I didn't think possible with her a year ago, but she has allowed God to soften her and listened to His voice. She's working out her faith and I couldn't want more than that.


I read these verses just a few days before she left and sent them off with her, hoping they would encourage her this week.
Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. 
Isaiah 58: 6-9


Catch the group's pics on Twitter @180RosebudTrip if you'd like.

Thanks Aunt Denise for the Twitter picture help. 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!