Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chosen

Psalm 23:5 says “You anoint my head with oil.”

Anointing one’s head with oil was a way of signifying a person chosen out of many for a particular thing. The easiest example to think of is David being anointed as a young boy to be king. Chosen by God from all His people, from all David’s family and brothers.

Psalm 23, yes, written by David with this image very fresh in his mind, is not just for him. It is for us all.

I have been chosen by Him. He picked me. It is not just some random chance thing by God where He ended up with me in some dumb luck draw. He purposefully drew me to Himself. And God doesn’t change his mind. I am always chosen by Him.

John 15:16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you…”

Revelation 17:14 jumping in the middle of a thought- “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

I AM CHOSEN!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!