Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jen Hatmaker - Women of Valor...Pinterest Aside

For the next two days I'm linking you to a couple of excellent food for thought blog posts. I hope you will take the time to click on the link and read through them. I want you to be encouraged.

Today's is from Jen Hatmaker. Actually, the part I really want you to read is down a bit further in the post, past the audio clips of her daughter praying and a very disturbing stuffed toy. The part about the woman described in Proverbs 31. It's a different perspective and it's a good one. We women are so tough on ourselves. We've created a monster list, an unattainable goal and given ourselves NO GRACE to be imperfect, to be human. 

Are you at all nodding your head in agreement? Does your hand want to wave high in the air signifying that's you alright. Or maybe no physical show, but your heart twinges that that might just be in the tiniest bit be true. It's okay. Don't be discouraged or guilt-ridden. Take heart and read on.

Jen Hatmaker - Women of Valor...Pinterest Aside

edited: After a brief conversation with Bill, I decided to post the whole article here. If it's right here for you read, you'll read it. You might not follow the link and I don't think you should miss it. Sorry about the color thing. Beyond my control.

double edited: I looked on my own blog and couldn't even read a word of the post I had copied and pasted from Jen's blog so I took it off. How terrible. I don't know if you could or could not- so I just made it not ugly. No one wants to have anything to do with an ugly blog post. We've got more things to do with our time. So please, follow the link above to read it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!