Thursday, September 26, 2013

Burrito Bowls

What have you been eating lately? Is it still burgers and brats from the grill or have you just said to heck with the weather (which here is up and down more than my kids avoiding bedtime) and pulled out the crockpot, casseroles and soups?

Combine the weather and the busy evening schedules with one kid going as another kid goes. I mean, coming. I mean, what day is it? 


Last week, I was craving Chipotle but my wallet was not wanting the price hit. So I turned to Kristin of Iowa Girl Eats for her knock off Chipotle Bowls. I made them with leftover chicken. 

I made them for the whole family. And they all liked it (in varying degrees).

You need to make these for your whole family.

Use fresh chicken, leftover chicken, leftover turkey, make Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork and use the leftovers in this. (I love a recipe that I can turn the leftovers into something different.)

Store all the parts in separate mason jars. Layer a mason jar with rice, meat, beans and send with someone for lunch. 

I don't mean to be bossy, but this is should probably go on your menu in the next day, week or in the very least, month. I'll let you decide how you choose to store the leftovers.

I have no pictures because we, I, ate it all. 

Also, if you're fueling for a long run or afterwards, this is awesome! 

So tell me, what are you eating that is a surprise hit? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!