Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Zucchini Galette and Nectarine Crostata

I might try something new on here. What to Eat (on Wednesday or Thursday or Monday or whenever I get to it) weekly feature. I'm gonna try to keep it simple in format. An idea, a picture, maybe a recipe or a link.

This idea comes out of meeting with Kim and Jen as we discussed carpool schedules and then we talked about what we were having for supper. I immediately put their ideas on my menu and just like that, two meals were taken care of for the week. 

First up is Zucchini Galette. Pie crust is rolled out. Ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic and more are mixed together and spread over the crust. Thinly sliced zucchini is layered on top and the crust is folded over and baked. To my surprise, the whole family loved this!

Second is Nectarine Crostata. I've never made a crostata. It is literally easier than pie! The second pie crust from the box (I'm not that good of a pie crust maker.) is rolled out. Thinly sliced nectarines tossed with flour, sugar and a bit of orange juice and/or zest are piled in the center. Sprinkle with a buttery crumb topping, fold crust and bake. This recipe is based off of Ina Garten's Summer Fruit Crostata in the Barefoot Contessa At Home cookbook but you could look up any crostata recipe and use any kind of fruit. 


What are you eating this week? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!