Friday, June 18, 2010

Your Chance for Chicken




As my mom’s told you, I’m taking care of chickens to raise money for Bibles. Raising money for Bibles is very important to me because I have SO many Bibles, but some people haven’t even heard the name of Jesus. When my youth group, 180, raises the money, we’ll have the chance to save someone’s eternal life in Jesus. Think about it. I’m sure that we’ve all had the chance to hear about Jesus, but some people in Africa haven’t. We’re giving them that chance. We will sell these chickens and butcher them to raise some money for Bibles. That’s why we’re holding a silent auction.
If you don’t know what a silent auction is, I’m about to explain it to you. A silent auction is an auction where nobody knows your bid. During a silent auction, you write down your bid on a piece of paper. At the end of the auction, the winner would be the person with the highest bid and they would receive the bidding item. We’re doing a bid for a chicken. The chicken’s name is Alphie.
To place a bid for Alphie, you must do the following:
  1. Be prepared to receive the butchered chicken on Saturday, June 26. If you live out of the Ames and want to bid, please contact us.
  2. Email my mom at pianomom23@gmail.com by Friday, June 25 at 5:00 pm with your bid amount
  3. Leave a comment under this post saying you’ve placed a bid. (but don’t say the amount)
We will review the bids at 5:00 pm Friday and notify the winner at that time.
If you would like to actually buy a chicken, the cost is $15 per chicken. Please email me (Audrey) at rootbeer.squirrel@gmail.com. Again, you will need to be able to receive your order on Saturday, June 26.

3 comments:

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!