I have to answer ten questions Jill asked me. Then I get to ask ten of my own questions to some of my fellow bloggers. You know, just for fun.
1. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
I'd say one of my most favorite gifts I've given was the year I gave all the cousins Whoopee cushions. The belly laughs were too much!
I give out a lot of scones. That's pretty much a favorite.
2. What is your favorite food?
Not a fair question. Kind of like asking which kid is your favorite. So I'm going with either a rib-eye steak or a really good hamburger.
3. What was the last movie or that made you cry or tear up?
I've been catching up with all the Parenthood episodes via Netflix when doing laundry but I can't say I've teared up or cried because there aren't any commercial breaks to heighten the dramatic pause. We've been watching Mythbusters, so no tears there and over Thanksgiving the condo we stayed at had cable (we don't) and I caught Duck Dynasty for the first time, so again no tears. I think the last movie I saw was Wimpy Kid 3 and that was awful. Oh, maybe Billy Elliot because I definitely cried watching that movie. Thanks for letting me think that out loud.
4. If you had to pick one hero, who would it be?
I can't think of a modern day person I would pick as a hero, so I'm goin' with David of the Bible. He grew up knowing God, overcame many trials and enemies, was completely humbled through his sins and always sought/turned back to God, never once doubting God's faithfulness to him. It is said that David had a whole heart for God. I want that!
5. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Catching up on blog reading ;)
6. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
Really comfortable workout clothes, clean, of course, for all day wear at home.
7. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
I might pray for wisdom in how to handle the money.
8. What do you miss most about being a kid?
Pretending the hay rack was a stage and singing "The Sound of Music" out loud with all my heart!
9. Do you or would you have a Dog or a Cat for a pet?
We have a dog, Lucy. We are dog people. Our first dog together was a Dalmatian named Clara, who was high energy and once jumped in a tree. We also have a Beta fish named Swimmy, who is technically Luke's.
10. What is your goal for 2013?
To not spend all of the Saturday before a race prepping food. I'm always waiting until the last minute to make breakfast burritos, egg/sausage sandwiches, chocolate milk, cookies, pasta salads, etc. Most of that stuff can be done ahead of time.
I can't copy the award picture probably because of the Picasa thing- argh! So if you want it, visit Jill. She's always on top of that stuff and her blog is awesome!
Okee-doke. So there are my answers.
Now six of my blog friends have a chance to answer my questions. That's the deal. Answer my questions on your blog. Ask ten of your own questions to six other bloggers (but you can't include me). Copy the Fab Mum award to your post. (sort of like those chain recipe/book exchanges) OR just answer my questions and call it good.
Now a little note about my questions. I thought of these throughout the day as I was going about my life, but not all are a direct correlation of that particular day. I couldn't handle the pressure of coming up with something profound (or normal). Feel free to not answer anything. In this time of extra preparations, I think larger doses of laughter is good.
1. Which Meg Ryan movie is your favorite?
2. Would you call yourself a crafter, a craft collector, or a pinner?
3. What is one commercial that always gets you even though you tell yourself to be strong or that you already know the punchline? (ah- Cedric and Bruce, you were a light moment in touching Olympic commercials.)
4. What's your favorite room in your house?
5. Are you boxers or briefs; red wine or white; lover or fighter?
6. Are you really going to answer all of #5?
7. What is something you've rescued from the trash that you now need to confess to the whole world?
8. Are you a good spray painter? Explain- craft, graffiti or other.
9. If you saw a billboard advertising eggs for your holiday baking, would that be enough to inspire you to go home and bake some cookies?
10. What wedding gift did you receive that you still use?
Here are the blogs I'm linking to in hopes to see their answers.
Sunshine in the House
Conversations at the Clothesline
Permission to Be Real
In These Shoes
My View From the Mountains
Thanks, Jill, for the award and a chance to have some fun!