Thursday, February 18, 2010

Baked Potatoes

I am always game for a way to use leftovers without them being leftovers. Do you have any chili leftover from the other night? Then bake up some potatoes, recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman (do I need copyright permissions for baked potatoes?)and load it up.

Baked Potatoes

Scrub clean some large baking potatoes. Rub with vegetable oil and place on baking sheet (don't pierce and don't wrap in foil). Bake 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.

Now, my family take their potatoes pretty tame. Ben- butter only. Luke- butter and cheese, Audrey- butter, cheese, sour cream, Bill- butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon, Me?- butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon, green onions, and chili (and I just had the thought that Fritos would be over the top great). Ooh- now, if only I had a chocolate shake, it would be my favorite lunch from high school. But you can top your potatoes anyway you want to.

1 comment:

  1. Last week I made an oven full of baked potatoes, and we ate some with roast for supper. With all the extras, the next day I made PW's baked potato skins and used the potato I scooped out for baked potato soup. yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!