Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Unstick Your Lipstick

So, ever wash a whole load of jeans with a tube of lipstick? And the lid came off? And it got all over the jeans? Yeah? So whad'ya do?

Well, just in case that hasn't happened to you YET, here's what you can do.
1. DON'T DRY THEM
2. go through various Pastor Tom type prayers (i.e.- thank you, God for teens, jeans, for washing machines, for running water, for the job that provides the money that you've really given ultimately in case I need to replace any of the above, except the teens)
3. grab your teen and their afflicted clothes and your husband's WD-40 and get to work. Spray WD-40 on the lipstick spots, work in a little, let set 10 minutes, then wash out.
4. wash again, if needed

I know, I know! Here again is another one of Mindy's far-fetching ideas (i.e. Hellman's Best for your lice, which needs an update by the way), but hear me out. This is not my idea! It is The Queen of Clean's and her ideas work. And the lipstick did come out of the jeans!! 


I discovered The Queen of Clean one day on a trip to Border's when I was looking for a book on how to clean those problem areas. I bought a general cleaning book and a laundry book. They both had fantastic ideas that work and most of her cleaning product suggestions are easy, cheap and not too weird.

Here, also, is the link to WD-40. Weird, amazing stuff. 

Happy, lipstick-free laundry!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!