Monday, November 7, 2011

Sugar Cookies

I’m making this a double duty post. The Joy’s Hope blog is sharing The Happy Day Project and I’m going to do my best to spread some happy into someone’s day. If you want to know more, click on the button and it will take you to all the information. Then, get on it! People need happy!!

Day 1- Treat to a neighbor. Got it! Actually, I already have some cookies baked up and frozen for a neighbor, but haven’t had the chance to give them. Today’s the day! Very cute printable, too!

Here’s a cookie recipe my friend, Angie, said I needed to share. She had stopped by one evening, right after I had made these and tried them spread with this pumpkin cream cheese filling. She then told me she never makes sugar cookies or snickerdoodle cookies because she doesn’t have a good recipe. I said I would give her mine. It’s really my Grandma’s. I almost always make them into snickerdoodles by rolling the balls into cinnamon and sugar, but you can drop them on the sheet and flatten with a sugar coated glass bottom or roll them out and cut into shapes and frost. In any case, you and Angie never have to be without a sugar cookie recipe again. And neither does your neighbor if you choose to share!

Sugar Cookies

  • 1 c. shortening
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt

Cream together the shortening, sugar, eggs, water and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt.

At this point, I refrigerate the dough before scooping it into balls and rolling into a cinnamon sugar mixture for snickerdoodles.

Or, without refrigerating, you can roll medium thin and cut out. Or drop onto sheet and press with a sugar coated glass.

Bake 350o for 10-12 minutes until set. Don’t let them brown.

Cookies 2

1 comment:

  1. Mindy,
    Just wanted to let you know that I've made this recipe several times now and everyone loves them! :-) I make them as snickerdoodles. Thanks for the recipe!
    -Trista

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!