Friday, April 23, 2010

Yummy Thanks

This past Wednesday was the second to last night for our Wednesday night family program at church, called D6. This year, especially, we have had some, shall we say, "learning opportunities" for both our boys in their classes. It's okay. The teachers in their classes are phenomenal and understanding and everyone came out okay in the end. In light of their good-nature and tireless service to our family and our church, I made some cupcakes for them.
Also, on Wednesday nights, I have been helping in the Kindergarten class as a small group leader and also song leader. It was fun to teach them new songs and hear them try to out do each other singing "Allelu, allelu, allelu, alleluia" "Praise ye the Lord!" I had five kids in my small group and decided to make some cards to let them know how special I think each one of them is.

The cupcake toppers were stamped then punched out with circle punches and attached with glue dots to a regular toothpick! The cupcakes were an Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe and the frosting was a delectable frosting recipe from Tasty Kitchen. (click on the words Ina Garten or Tasty Kitchen and it will take you to the recipes)
The cake stand in my Grandma's- Fostoria, she tells me. It's pretty much the only thing I wanted out of her collection of antiques.

Thanks to all our faithful teachers and helpers each week and weekend at Cornerstone Church. You are wonderful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!