Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Worlds Colliding

I swear to you, this really is my life. I’m not making it up. I’m not staging it. Which makes it absolutely crazy and SO MUCH FUN!

The other night, Bill and Ben were putting Ben’s new number stickers on his bike which meant this…

Not Cleaning the Tub

That’s right. Ben is cleaning his rear fender in the tub. Oh, he scrubbed away and had a marvelous time. I hope he feels just as marvy once I have him clean the actual tub.

I was busy putting curlers in Audrey’s hair for show choir and went to get my hair dryer only to find it had been relocated to the mud room and re-purposed to help heat the stickers to the number plates. *I had to ask to use MY hair dryer!*

Set on High

Finally, just because race season has ended and it’s take apart your bike and have it strewn all over the garage and freezer and bathroom season, doesn’t mean that we aren’t trying to squeeze in every other way of dirt bikes. In other parts of the world, it is perfect riding weather and extreme races are held.

One such race is the Red Bull Romaniacs. Here’s a link to the full video that shows a re-cap of the 2010 race. I was watching it with Ben and Luke the other day and what should my ear hear but classical music! So I screamed out: Bach’s Toccata in D Minor, Debussy’s Clair De Lune. I’m figuring why fight it? I’ll just teach Ben where he’s at! (Jacqui- I could see this as a video Joe could take over for cross curriculum study. Smile)

The entire video is over an hour long. (The first minute and a half has that beeping sound used for emergencies so skip that.) You obviously don’t have to watch it. I’ve linked it to two different sections, though I think there are at least 3, maybe 4, classical pieces or folk tunes in the entire video. (Music teachers, I’m thinking you would definitely get Ben’s and other kids’ attention in class if you popped this up.)

Tomorrow we’ll talk show choir and curlers.

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea! I'll have to pose it to Joe and see what he thinks. BTW - studied Bach and Beethoven over the last two weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!