Friday, February 10, 2012

My 5 Minute Mile

So, today I ran.  I can’t say if this was my hardest run to date. I’ve done six 1 minute hill climbs with 2 minute rest in between each climb. I’m about to run two 6 minute sets at a faster than normal pace with just a few minutes rest in between. But today my plan said to run ten 30-second hard sprints with 90 seconds rest in between in each set. You monitor yourself only by how you are able to run the entire 30 seconds at the same pace and maintain your form and nothing else. As it turns out that I was running about a tenth of a mile each time. So let’s do the math, people.

I ran a 5 minute mile!!!

I would have celebrated except that I was trying to catch my breath.

When I got home, I had to sit down. Ya know what I mean? And then stretch. And then re-fuel. ‘Cause if I don’t, I will crash. Bad. So I threw together a smoothie and sucked it down fast.

After I recovered, I realized that my counter was a disaster. As in, it, does anyone clean up their mess besides me? Oh wait, this mess is all mine.

The Counter

So you can see the remnants of the smoothie, consumed from a Flinstones glass. (Because they ran barefoot, too, so it makes me feel faster. You might say we’re kindred spirits.Rolling on the floor laughing) A dingy spot from making three batches of cinnamon scones for the women in my Bible study this morning.  (We’re studying the first part of Girls Eat Pop Corn- that’s Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians- and I had to bring something in keeping with the theme.) And finally, my salty protein fast fix- peanut butter on Saltines. (Because if I don’t eat some protein and balance out my salt, I will eat everything in sight for the rest of the night.)

I’d also like to say that this running program I’m doing is awesome but I am t-i-r-e-d by the end of the night. I’ve climbed into bed as early as 9:30 before. I fell asleep in a recliner the other night while Audrey was working on something. I just reach a point and then zzzzzzzz

(I’m fast asleep, kind of like my running. Winking smile)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!