Monday, February 24, 2014

Two New Cookies, Three Recipes

Some things never change about college kids. I'm not going to go into a full discourse but I will tell you that 1. They always think your kids are cute and fun. 2. They crave being in a real home (even if they live in an apartment). 3. They love homemade food. 

I had a breakthrough myself. I didn't make any new recipes to try out on them! This probably isn't something you consider blog-worthy and it kind of isn't except in my case. I almost always make something that I've never made before when having people over. Its kind of a big deal in my recipe world. 

Hang on, before you yawn and turn away, I'll share with you what I did make.  


I made one of those cookies pictures above… and another one.
But I thought you said…

It's getting complicated here.

I made chocolate chip cookies and chocolate peanut butter cookies for the girls. Both of which were not first timers for me. But in the picture above, which I made for high school small group leaders, it was a first time for each of those.

Follow?

Sorry.

All of the following recipes are from Annie's Eats

White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies- I used regular white chocolate chips. I didn't use any coconut flavoring but I think it would taste awesome with it added. These tasted good the first day but the flavors really melded together nicely the second day.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies- I have been craving chocolate peanut butter cups lately. This is not my norm. But this recipe looked so yummy and as it turns out, really is yummy so I made it again. 

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies- Ben is okay with me occasionally making a different kind of cookie but if I stray too long away from a plain chocolate chip cookie, he gets grumpy. These cookies don't disappoint. 


As a testament of the yumminess of these cookies, the girls took home extras for the ones who couldn't make it or themselves. I hope you enjoy these too! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!