Thursday, February 27, 2014

Winter Formal '14

Consider Audrey mortified in a usual teen manner if she knew I posted this picture of her and her friends.

This is the afternoon of Ballard's Winter Formal, which happened to be the same day as my snowshoe race. Audrey and friends gathered here to do each other's hair and make-up. There was music, hairspray, make-up, curling/straightening appliances, and glitter everywhere. 


Finally, they were done. Or sort of done. Or done enough because parents came to take pictures of them. 

Where there are fun times, there are also parents with cameras.

Here's our girl. We had fun shopping for her dress. There is still glitter in our house!

After pictures, I took them out for supper in Ames before dropping them off at the dance. My day had been quite long at this point and I was killing time at Target while they ate supper. I grabbed a chocolate chai latte with a shot of espresso and wandered around. 
I love these bar stools.
I wish I had picked up this. 

The girls all had a great time at the dance. Audrey said it was nice to go without a date for once because she could hang with whoever (and because she has been in awkward situations before because of having a date). I was glad to hear that because this had been a stressor for us in the last couple of weeks. Its really good to hear what she is thinking and how she is processing growing up things like this. I spent a lot of time praying for her (and me) about this dance. It is one thing to say you'll let your child learn to make her own decisions but it is another thing to actually let that happen.
My IG recap of the night. We love our pretty girl!


We totally crashed the next day- oh wait- Super Bowl. Audrey went over to hang with more friends and we stayed home. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!