Friday, May 27, 2011

It’s Been a While

So, it’s been a while since I’ve written on here. I’ll tell ya why.

  • Last weekend we went to Bill’s parents. The weather was super gorgeous so we spent the whole time outside riding motocycles, going for a run, swinging, taking pictures, talking, building a fire, relaxing. I will take 364 more days exactly like that.
  • I took a bunch of pictures and sort of like them. I got great smiles, etc. but the actual depth of field, aperture stuff isn’t quite right and I don’t know how to fix it yet. I need help. Photography help in this case.
  • I came home to soak and wash motorcycle clothes. Soak, as in soak, scrub with Fels-Naptha, and put on pre-wash/extra rinse mode. Why, oh why, did Bill have to buy WHITE riding pants?
  • It was the last week of lessons. The time to say good-bye. After the first lesson (7:00 a.m.), I realized I was going to probably be a wreck. I decided I wasn’t saying good-bye forever, just that they were going on summer break like usual. Except that summer break was going to last a long time. (This was a little trick I used when leaving my babies with Grandma when Bill and I got away- I put them down for a nap and then left. They were just napping the entire time.) It didn’t work. I cried a lot. I didn’t do a very good job saying good-bye.
  • Between Monday and Tuesday lessons I felt like I was having a mid-life crisis, except I’m not mid-life yet. I realized it was the nature of change. I don’t like it. I spent some time in the Word and God was so good to me. I’d like to write a post about it some time for you.
  • Tuesday was Luke’s preschool graduation. He wants to be a race car driver when he grows up. (No kidding!)
  • Wednesday was the last day of school. After spending 30 minutes in Ben’s class, my blood pressure was sky high. I am amazed he survived, though I know it was a hard year for him. I have LOTS of thoughts over this bit but don’t know that I’ll share.
  • Just three hours after the kids were home from school they were grounded to their rooms for a while. The weather, rainy and cold, had a lot to do with it.
  • Audrey went to the end of the year dance. No boys were involved. She looked pretty and had a good time.
  • Bill has had to be in the shop a lot this week and I miss him. I’ve grown accustomed to his face. (musical anyone?)
  • In light of my last blog post about time/discipline, I’ve put my own words into practice and have been more purposeful with my time, which meant I ran out of time to write on here. Which is also why haven’t fixed my blog header yet.
  • I sorted and boxed the school papers for the year. Of course I took pictures and will share with you how I do it.
  • I’ve got a breakfast talk for a state conference to put together. I think I’ll talk about time. Not time signatures, just time management. I’m getting good at that- talking about it.
  • Every year, once lessons are over, my creative energies come back. I’ve got a list a mile long of craft/decorating projects. This year, it is involving spray paint.
  • I hope to share with you some exciting news about Rosebud stuff but can’t yet. Because we haven’t been given an official okay. And that’s sort of driving Bill and I crazy!
  • Ball games. Cold ball games. End of May, bring your jacket and blankets cold.
  • It’s cousins day again. They were thirsty five minutes after walking in the door- no kidding.
  • I was hoping for a sunny day. Nope, cold and sort of rainy. I’ve got a craft project and another thing up my sleeve. Hopefully pictures and a post.
  • I’ve got at least 5 coffee dates that I’m overdue on!
  • We have three bird feeders and I spend a lot of time spying over my laptop at the birds and then trying to identify them in my field guide. I don’t like grackles. They hog the bird feeder and won’t let the other birds get near. Safflower seeds isn’t repelling them- though it is the other birds.
  • I’ve been sleeping in so I’m at least two hours behind.
  • etc.

Long and wordy for being out of time to write, right? So here’s a picture for you. It was supposed to be a silly face picture, but only Luke and Bill got the notice. And for the record, I had no idea Luke’s face could be so flat!

Flat Luke and Family

The real reason? ‘Cause I love this bunch and I’ve been spending time being with them or caring for them in some way and that just didn’t leave time for anything else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!