Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Forget

I forget that that I’m saved by grace, by a gift, by a sacrifice.
I forget that there’s nothing in the whole wide world I can do to earn this.
I forget that someone really sacrificed his life for me, to buy me back from my sin.
I forget that I’m forgiven and set free.
I forget these things.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:7-8
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace. Ephesians 1:7
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood. Revelation 1:5

And when I remember, it causes me to tremble, to cry, and to be thankful.
I will remember.

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2: 6-11

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!