Friday, September 23, 2011

Stumped

Alright, I’m stumped. I’m sitting here with my journal and Bible open. I spend hours pouring through Scripture, making notes of what God is speaking into me, and praying. I’ve got stories to tell. I don’t know where to begin.

It is said of writers and anyone else with a creative block that you just have to start writing and everything will eventually start coming together. Do you know that if I started that way, this would be the longest blog post ever? (but I’m gonna keep writing and we’ll see how long this one turns out.) Smile

The name of my blog, Best Energies Best Affections, is to remind me to put my time where it is best. It’s a catch-all blog: kids, family, food, music, motorcycles. You know, you’ve been reading. Occasionally I write something about the Word and how I see it in my life, my family’s life, the lives of others. I feel it’s been lacking on here, though it is definitely present in my life.

In my Bible study reading this past week, I was studying through Philippians 1. Paul is writing to an established church in Philippi when he pens these words

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ- to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:9-11

I highlighted discern what is best because, obviously, that is what struck me. How loaded is that one phrase? I immediately felt the power of Paul’s prayer in my own life, helping me to focus my attention again. In other translations the words excellent or superior are used. I also felt God calling me to pray for my family right then. There are lots of good things out there. There are lots of not-so good things out there. There are also many, many confusing things out there and that’s where I felt I needed to pray on their behalf- for their discernment for THE BEST.

Finally, (do you think my writer’s block has been moved yet?) I was reading one of my favorite blogs today. That’s right, Meg of Whatever. She’s going to this blog conference (for my family you may roll your eyes once here) called Blog Sugar and she’s excited because she gets to meet up with one of her blog friends, Joy from Joy’s Hope. Now I don’t follow Joy (yet, anyway) but I did read about her own fears about speaking at the conference (been there, done that) Then she asks the question that has sent me pursuing the answer- What does using your blog for good mean to you?

To me, it is sharing the best of my life- my family and our ins and outs, ups and downs. It’s the now where God has us. It’s the spreading of opportunities to put faith into action- supporting adoptions, funding projects, reaching out to lost people, going to events, listening to music, reading others’ blogs that far better express love in action. It’s the writing of my own personal God story.

And that’s where I’m stumped. I want to write what God reveals to me but when I get to sitting with my laptop, my fingers become tongue-tied.

What would strengthen you? What would embolden you? When you read what I do write, is God moving in you?

I really would like to hear from you today. Either leave a note in the comment box or email me. Thanks for reading my blog.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!