Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pizza Sauce

I often make my own pizza sauce. I can’t say if it’s heads and shoulders healthier than the canned stuff; I just like how it tastes and it’s easy enough to do.

Sauced Dough

Pizza Sauce

Mix together 6 oz. tomato paste, 8 oz. tomato sauce, 1 tsp. It. seasoning, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/8 tsp. salt and 1 clove garlic, finely minced.

Yes, that’s it.

Here’s a couple tips: Instead of mincing the garlic with a knife or press, grate it with the small hole side of a box grater over the mixing bowl. All the juice and pulp go in. I always double the batch and freeze the rest in 1 pizza portions. It’s up to you how much one recipe makes and how saucy you like your pizza.

This here is my final pizza. It’s Canadian bacon, pineapple, red onion and sauerkraut. (I don’t always get away with such a pizza. The kids are pretty much the pepperoni or die type while Bill likes a few more toppings, but would never choose this. Guess who was gone that night?) I copied the pizza from Happy Joe’s. My friend, Kristine told me about it and said she liked it, which is weird because she doesn’t even like jelly and other normal things but she likes sauerkraut on her pizza?!

My Pizza

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!