Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Your Love"



After you watch this super fun video, go read up in your Bible Psalm 103: 8-12.
Wait, here it is...
The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and rich in faithful love.

He will not always accuse us or be angry forever.
He has not dealt with us as our sins deserve or repaid us according to our offenses.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his faithful love toward those who fear Him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.


I added the breaks to give you a chance to ponder each section.
When I first read these verses in preparing to help at the Worship Arts Camp this past week, I just clumped the whole thing together. That's right- I skimmed over it. I said, "Eh, I guess that will work." and I didn't get much out of it. But as we learned and memorized these individual sections each day of the camp, my heart was softened towards how great God's love is for me. Compassionate, gracious, slow to anger, rich in faithful love, not always (meaning forever be) accuse, nor angry forever. You would have been hard pressed to find me exhibiting these qualities, especially last week. Nope, you could turn all of those into Mindy is NOT compassionate, nor gracious. She is fast to anger, rich in love (for herself!). She likes to be angry forever always with a wagging, pointing, accusing finger.
You know what this deserves.


But the Lord?
The Lord does not deal with me like I deserve (or I wouldn't be writing this right now). 
The heavens are high. We've had about 5 perfectly puffy cloud blue sky days this summer so far (or so it seems). Look at this picture. 


In all this expanse, the Lord's love fills to full and overflowing!
I've confessed my sins and He has not just brushed them to the side, but removed them. Completely. No hidden stains to surface later on.


Oh, I'm going to blow it again and again. But each time, He is going to be right there. His love is more than my sin. When I think about that, my heart dances, just like these kids do!
I should also mention that Audrey is in the video!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to be able to help you with the kids during the camp. You did a great job! The camp was an eye opener to me and I thank God for that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Kind comments are always welcomed!